YOUNGSTERS’ ROLE MODEL MA FOI K.PANDIARAJAN MLA
Ma Foi K.Pandiarajan was born in 1959, April 26 in a small village called Vilampatti near Sivakasi. He lost his father, a match factory worker, when he was three months old. He studied through scholarships and completed his Engineering from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore in 1981. He did his MBA from the world renowned XLRI Jamshedpur, where he studied Human Resources Management. He started his career in Kolkata after his MBA.
AS A SOCIAL ACTIVIST
- Active trustee of various Foundations, MaFoi, Ekam, Sornammal Educational Trust & CIOSA.
- MaFoi Foundation, through Disha has supported more than 4000 poor children through scholarships.
- Disha also supports children who are weak in academics through various mentorship programmes.
- Disha Sports Academy supports under privileged kids and trains them in boxing, athletics & football.
- More than 2000 children’s lives have been saved through EKAM foundation which works heavily in the Healthcare sector.
- Sornammal Educational Trust works with more than 4000 women for the empowerment of women by training them in various activities & helping them with loans to create sustainable livelihood.
- 2000 widows have benefitted through the Sornammal Educational Trust and their children are supported through scholarships.
- Have motivated more than 1 lakh students through his leadership & entrepreneur speech.
- He has also authored motivational books in Tamil for youth.
- Has started & supported go green movement in his constituency in Virudhunagar.
- He is an active Rotarian.
AS A BUSINESSMAN
- Moved to Chennai & settled in Anna Nagar and started MA FOI, India’s largest HR Services Firm with just Rs.60,000/- in 1992.
- Created employment opportunities for more than 3,50,000 professionals.
- Has been instrumental in starting various companies and has nurtured various entrepreneurs.
- Has actively involved in CII, FICCI and many other associations like Chennai Angels, Native Lead etc.,
- Recipient of the EISENHOWAR Fellowship awarded by the United States of America for his contribution to Human Resources & Consulting.
AS A POLITICIAN
- Has raised more than 60 questions in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Has been part of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and actively contributed.
- Has taken part in various debates pertaining to education, healthcare, social aspects & economic growth of the State.
- Has been awarded “Thiruvalluvar Award” for being an honest politician.
- Has Represented Tamil Nadu at GST Council.